Women in Finance
WOMEN IN FINANCE
We are committed to achieving gender equality across all levels of our business. We believe that a balance in gender helps us create more diverse viewpoints, reduce bias in decision making and benefits the entire workforce.
TMK is proud to be joining more than 400 firms across the financial services sector in signing up to the HM Treasury Women in Finance Charter. The Charter reflects the government’s and signatory firms’ commitment to work together to build a more balanced and fair industry.
Our Chief Financial Officer, Reeken Patel, is responsible and accountable for gender diversity and inclusion within TMK and is the executive sponsor of our gender network group.
The society we live in means I am in a position of privilege. I believe that means I have a responsibility to help level the playing field – to influence, change and help make a difference for those that face inequality of opportunity.ˮ
CFO and Executive Sponsor for Gender Network Group
Our goals are:
- A target of at least 43% female representation in all leadership roles by the end of 2025. This includes positions on the Board, our Executive team and in leadership roles.
- We have a target to maintain our current 29% female representation in all Board and Executive level roles by the end of 2023.
- As we have met our goals early we will increase our targets when setting our goals for 2030.
- We ensure that the pay of the Executive is linked to the delivery of these targets. Each member of our Executive has an objective linked to our values, which supports our aim to progress gender diversity in our leadership teams.
Our objectives are to level the gender playing field by:
- Attracting more diverse candidates for new vacancies
Supporting individuals with leadership potential with a development plan to help promote them to leadership roles
- Sponsoring our diverse talent internally, or externally through market-wide development programmes
- Promoting diverse role models in our business
- Promoting and embedding dynamic working practices throughout TMK
For more information, you can view the TMK Inclusion, Diversity & Equality Policy here.
See our Gender Pay Gap report 2021 here.